label

Friday, March 29, 2013

Making Of 'You're Goddamn Right!' -part2 By Riccardo Minervino

UVs and Projection
I made the UVs in a device called UVLayout which, in my opinion, is the best tool on the market for making UVs (Fig.08). After that, I imported my new model back into ZBrush, and projected the details of my groundwork mesh into my new retopo model with UVs (Fig.09). 
910
 Detailing
To add details to my form, I utilised ZBrush's Spotlight tool. I overlapped my reference likeness on my form (Fig.10), and I projected the minutia, but only on the geometry – I administered with the colors subsequent (Fig.11).



To add details to my model, I used ZBrush's Spotlight tool. I overlapped my reference image on my model (Fig.10), and I projected the details, but only on the geometry – I dealt with the colors later (Fig.11).

1691_tid_Fig10.jpg
1691_tid_Fig11.jpg
Fig.10
Fig.11

The next step was to remove all the unwanted details, such as the glasses, and manually refine the skin (Fig.12).

1691_tid_Fig12.jpg
Fig.12

Texturing
Once the detailing was complete, I opened up the reference photo in Photoshop, and I removed all the visible details, in order to achieve a "diffuse-only" type of image (Fig.13).
Then I went back to ZBrush again and used Spotlight to project only the color information this time over my model (Fig.14).

 I did the same process using various photos to cover the entire head (Fig.15), and then I generated the texture from the Polypaint (Fig.16).
thanks to 3dtotal for the tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment