label

Friday, March 29, 2013

Making Of 'You're Goddamn Right!' -part1 By Riccardo Minervino


Preparation
Before I leapt into modeling, I needed to gather the right quotation images. It might sound banal, but having good quotations is vital for the value of the last result. luckily, because the subject is a well known player, it was very simple to find high tenacity photos of him (Fig.01).

1

Base Mesh
one time I found the quotation photographs, I could start modeling a groundwork mesh in ZBrush. I began with a DynaMesh sphere, and I created a very uneven form to have the rudimentary percentages in place (Fig.02).
2
To refine the proportions I used ZBrush 4R5's new vaporous mode, that enables ME to open my reference pictures within the background, so set the full ZBrush interface to half-transparent, thus I will simply position my model on high of the icon whereas I sculpt (Fig.03).
3
When I accomplished a groundwork mesh that resembled the subject (Fig.04), before starting to sculpt the fine minutia I needed to retopologize my mesh. I did that in Maya, using a plugin called NEX, which has a function called Quad-Draw that allowed me to easily draw polygons on peak of my high poly mesh (Fig.05).
4
5
When the retopo was finished (Fig.06), I added one step of Mesh glossy, to have some more tenacity on the form before I did the UVs (Fig.07).

thanks to 3Dtotal for the tutorial



No comments:

Post a Comment